Friday, November 28, 2008

What's new





Let's see...

Thanksgiving was fabulous. We joined the family of an old, dear friend of mine and had an absolute blast. Brother Brad plunked himself down on a stool in front of me and played guitar until I got a bit misty. Probably the bourbon aided in that endeavor, but it was a wonderful evening. His wife, Ave, is adorable.

Seeing the Kaegi family was wonderful. I used to love going to their house when I was a kid. It was always such a cheerful place to be. Except, of course, when Marlene threatened to rip the boys' lips off! hah! I didn't doubt for one second that tiny thing could beat down her enormous boys if she put her mind to it, either.

I got my home diva on: made a bean pie (it's a Southern thing), pumpkin soup and green salad with pecans and cranberries. This is what happens when I'm left with a day to myself to cook and no directives-- I'll just cook until I feel like stopping.

In other news: Liv's kindergarten class won the canned food drive competition thanks, in part, to my totally inappropriately competitive nature. I sent around an email to the other parents urging them to kick the 5th graders' butts, in essence.

Anyway, my image has now been broadcast on Fox news; I may never live down the shame! The good news is that the local food bank has a lot to feed the people in their care, and that's what is important. That, and winning the right to hit the principal with a pie.



Should be having surgery within a few weeks to remove my ovaries. Big fun. I'm not planning on missing many of my classes so this recovery thing better go quick. My classes will be delighted if I can't make them do my usual abdominal routine, though.

1 comment:

M Easter said...

I'm quite fit and I don't think I could handle one of your classes, even without going through major medical treatment.

You are kicking butt! that is fantastic

ps. best wishes and prayers always

Hello there