Saturday, October 25, 2008

Inventory


So. I took inventory this morning. Most women do this once in a while: I tried on a bunch of my old formalwear.

One out of two New Year's Eve little back dresses fit. The one that doesn't, I am probably not allowed to wear. It's short, short, short black velvet, low back, with a halter top. Very elegant, believe it or not. But probably not allowed on anyone in their 40s, no matter what.

The other one is another really classic little black dress-- sleeveless, form-fitting (but not too form-fitting) with a little tiny black ribbon under the bust. Not too short, but definitely short. Think I could get away with this one, although another few pounds gone would be better first.

One out of two (for lack of a better term) ball gowns fits. Strangely, both are silver. One is strapless-- that doesn't fit. (But why would I buy a strapless? Crazy.) And the other -- sleeveless with a scoop neck-- does. Funny thing? I bought the second one for a formal wedding less than 10 years ago and now I think it's too dowdy to wear. Strange.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, despite the low pay, teaching at the Y has some really GREAT benefits. The bad thing? I need to store or get rid of a LOT of clothes.

No comments:

Hello there