Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things are a bit better this go 'round

Well, not to tempt fate or anything, but I'm doing pretty well this chemo. As El Freddo pointed out recently, this time last chemo I could barely lift my head off the couch.

This time, it's true, I'm exhausted as hell. But I am also eating. A little. I am not medicated. I am not...um...revisiting my meals, shall we say? In short, I'd say this is a WILD improvement over last time.

Can I run errands? Nope? Do chores? Double nope. Am I sleeping like a newborn? You bet. But sheet-white, shaky, and nauseous? Not me! (Okay, only if I try running errands, doing chores, changing the channel manually...)

HUGE hugs and thanks to my former-MIL, Carolyn, and my current BFF, LauraMac, for all the tons and tons of help, to Suzi for the crayons, to Christine for the cookies and to everyone who keeps me laughing at my computer. Y'all rock.

1 comment:

Rebecca Lily said...

Just saw that you have a new blog! I left a comment on the old one....

I'm glad that this round was an improvement over last. You are fighting this like a true champion! I'm proud of you.

Rebecca

Hello there