Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chemo-soaked brain


Okay, you guys. General apology to absolutely everyone that I have forgotten to call, write or email. Here's the thing, although I am trying like the dickens to remember stuff, this chemo brain is no joke.

Example: that speech I gave yesterday? I had to post notes ALL OVER the house so I wouldn't forget to go. Still, I forgot until like 10 pm the night before that I'd have to find a clean suit that fits to wear to the event.

It's funny since I'm kind of ditzy, anyway, pre-chemo. But in a way I totally understand how people succumbing to Alzheimer's must feel. I feel a little out of control because I realize that there's usually something kind of important that I'm forgetting and I just don't know what it is. Thus far, I've not set fire to the house or forgotten my daughter or anything horrid like that, and I'm hoping my streak continues. But, I do forget a LOT of stuff.

So. There it is. If I forget to call, write or email you, that's probably why. Either that, or you've been a complete a$$hat and I'm mad at you-- but that's really not likely! (If you had, I'd probably have forgotten already...)

No comments:

Hello there