Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Things are looking up

So, remember that "I can't frikkin' read anything" period of a few weeks ago? Well, just as suddenly as it came, it went. I've been hitting Target for stronger and stronger magnifying eyeglasses. Last night, cussing wildly, albeit quietly, I threw the stronger glasses in the drawer and picked up my daily wear glasses. (Yes, the GD bifocals...) And voila. I could read.

Can I just say Fred is probably even more relieved than I am? He's got to be tired of me flipping around in bed trying to maneuver my book into focus. I am fairly surly about such things and probably a lousy bedfellow as a result. Maybe the poor, patient guy will get a decent night's sleep now.

Oh and I'm BACK in aerobics class! It felt like heaven to actually get some exercise. L-Mac accused me of getting all "zen" on her. She's probably right. I'm sure I had a sappy grin on my face.

Anyway, I wonder what it takes to get the Y to hire you to substitute teach one of these classes? Anyone know? A little pocket change wouldn't kill me and it'd keep me out of trouble for at least 45 minutes, right?

No comments:

Hello there