Thursday, May 1, 2008

Snork!

Miracle of miracles, today, for no reason that I can fathom, my appetite came back! After picking at little bits of food for weeks on end, today for dinner I snorked up a ginormous burger, big fat french fries, cole slaw (that yummy oil-based kind), t-ravs for an appetizer and then came home and inhaled a hot fudge sundae!

Mind you, not one of those things could I bear the smell of, say, yesterday.

I think I've never been hungrier in my life than right when el Freddo called me on the way home from work. I told him I had to have a hamburger or die in the attempt.

And what's more impressive (to me, at least) is that I am not the slightest bit queasy. I can't believe my good luck! Of course, I'm going to be up for a while having had sweets right before bed, but I don't care one bit.

Let's just hope I don't keep eating like that for very long after I'm done with chemo. I don't want to become Jabba the Hut'enberger.

Oh, and for future reference, d. Dooley's 026 Grill in Fenton has a rockin' burger. And, they have these adorable round french fries for the kiddos that are shaped like a smiley face. That and some corn dog nuggets and my Livi was over the moon. (Yes, my daughter with an unusually cosmopolitan pallet has a big jones for corn dogs. Go figure.)

Overall, a really TERRIFIC evening!

No comments:

Hello there