Thursday, May 8, 2008

Two Celebrity Chefs in a Month


Today we met Bobby Flay!

El Freddo kindly took off work to help me get Liv to the pediatrician (I'm forbidden to go into the Germ Zone so close to chemo) and to get a bunch of errands done in preparation for my last chemo tomorrow.

As a pick-me-up, my kind-hearted husbie took me to Sur la Table to meet Bobby. You know what is remarkable about him? His hair is WAY more red than it looks on TV. Anyway, here we are with our second celebrity chef in one month.

We asked Bobby about the "planning phase" during Iron Chef. He said that after the secret ingredient is announced, the grips have to move all the cameras and so forth so the chefs sit around for like five minutes and figure out what dishes they're going to make. Cool.

So...who's up for meeting Mario Batali?

2 comments:

R... said...

Oh, you are totally my hero!! We are big BIG foodies too! I hope you get to meet Mario. He is even wackier in person and so much fun!

More importantly, good luck tomorrow on your last day of chemo!

R...

Ella's Mom said...

I guess Mario would be the trifecta!

Hello there