Sunday, May 11, 2008

two points of clarification

One: Here are the lyrics to the song (sung to the tune of Happy Birthday):

Best wishes to you,
Best wishes to you,
Best wishes dear Stacey
Your chemo is through!

Best. Song. Ever.

Two: I'm still sick as a dog. (okay, not a dog in our house-- they're pampered beyond the point of ever getting sick) So...I went in, per doc's orders to get saline and anti-nausea meds IV'd in this morning.

Now my left arm looks like I stuffed it in the insinkerator and turned it on for a while. Bruised to bits. So I told them I'd deal with the nausea, I'm not coming back.

Bad veins, you ask? Nope. Great veins, when you can get to them. Contrary to the belief of some, I actually have very thick skin with LOTS of, as Alton Brown would say, connective tissue.

Nurse says that'll stand me in good stead when facial muscles, etc. are wanting to sag. Strong connective tissue might delay the inevitable a bit.

On the other hand, another nurse said my hair's going to come in partly grey, so what do those nurses know, anyway? ha!

So, no doc visits for me for eighteen glorious days! Then rads.

1 comment:

M Easter said...

*sings* Best wishes to you!

woo-hoo.... Hope you feel better soon

Hello there