Sunday, May 4, 2008

Recently...

Chemo brain big time hereabouts. I was talking to my girl, Yoshie, on the phone and completely forgot what I was saying. Not like losing your train of thought. Like a complete derailment of thought. SO weird. And, to make it even better, my eyesight is not just affected by the scops patch. I was wrong, it IS the chemo, too.

I keep having to run to Target to get higher and higher magnification of reading glasses. It's like accelerated old age with a side order of Alzheimer's. It sucks.

On the other hand, the other day I felt so well that I did some HEAVY gardening. I dug a hole for a new fountain, moved the old one, replaced my big ol' rhododendrons which, sadly, didn't winter well this year and planted some bamboo to camouflage something ugly in my neighbor's yard. Of COURSE I was beyond exhausted when I was done. Probably not the smartest move on my part, but I SO wanted to feel normal for a day. It was GREAT!

Then, NATURALLY, my girl L-Mac offered me a tic to the Cards-Cubs game that night and...*GADS!*...I had to decline. Me. Turn down Cards tix. On a PERFECT night-- beautiful, clear skies, a light breeze. Heaven. And then, of course, hell when I had to say no.

On the other hand, I knew that if I overdid it, I'd have just stuck my friend and her mom with the care of a very, very nauseous and suddenly feeble person with, in all probability a really bad attitude. (I'm never a lot of fun on those "bad days.")

Turned out I was right to do it-- had a bit of a bad moment or two later in the evening. But it was utter MISERY watching my boys play on TV. And, yes, of course, they went into extra innings. I'd have been home about midnight.

Still...*sigh*

No comments:

Hello there