Monday, July 14, 2008

Lollapalooza


Oh dear.

I was chitchatting during water aerobics class with the teacher, a 23 y/o who is planning, she said, to go to Lollapalooza in Chicago this year.

It just so happened that I'd worn to the gym today my 1993 Lollapalooza shirt. Strange coincidence? Rage Against the Machine played the festival then and is playing this year, too.

The funniest part for me was to see her face when she realized that I, a middle-aged suburban mom, had been to multiple Lollapaloozas. When my buddy Jessica told her she'd been to the same show and gotten her ears pierced there, I thought the teacher might drown!

I guess telling her what's on my iPod is just running up the score, right? Anyway, apparently I am now the coolest suburban mom this gal knows.

(Ticket stub, above, thanks to Flickr; gawd knows where my ticket stub ended up...)

No comments:

Hello there