Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday's doings

A grand day.

Not only are my arms still working, but I kicked my own butt in aerobics today. Used heavy resistance for my arms and everything. This is the first time my abs have hurt since I was a real gym rat. I'm so proud.

Finished up Liv's registration in kindergarten. Papers are all in order. It's a done deal. So today not only did we drop off the rest of the papers, but we also went school clothes shopping. This was a very popular activity; I'm sure this surprises no one who knows my daughter.

Finally, I took Her Imperial Majesty to Target to pick out her very first school backpack. She changed her mind three times and enjoyed the process thoroughly. I managed not to get teary only by a concerted effort of will. But I did take pictures of her with her final choice-- Hello Kitty. She was so pleased with it, she wore it out of the store.








Then, while messing around on LinkedIn, I found a cousin I thought had disappeared forever. Next I heard from an old college friend I hadn't spoken with in years AND got a letter and photo from my friend Jan and her family from Niagara Falls. Finally, to cap off a wonderful day, my dear, dear friend and fellow BC survivor, Gladys, sent me a wonderful care package from Canada including many handmade items I will treasure for the rest of my life.

In addition to the already near and dear, I have made or rediscovered so many friends in the last six months, I am absolutely overcome. Cancer is nothing in comparison. I am clearly the most blessed woman ever.

No comments:

Hello there