Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday: good food/bad thoughts

Mostly a good day. Reflected a little on the Young Women's Breast Cancer meeting I went to Wednesday. Overall a good experience-- much laughter and camaraderie.

However, it became somewhat apparent during the meeting that even given my strength and comparatively simple diagnosis, I could still die and fairly quickly at that. Also apparent that many of my fellow survivors have had to endure recurrences which were equally as bad, if not worse, than the first. Neither a particularly happy thought. Cancer sucks the big whazootie.

That nothwithstanding, a delightful dinner was had with the T family at Hodaks. John and I both worked as prosecutors in the same office and as appellate PDs together. He's my boy.

Four kids amongst us, all Asian, all high-spirited, to say the least. We were something of a spectacle. But fun and much excellent fried chicken was had by all.

If you're not a City kitty as I was, and have not tried Hodak's, you must go immediately. Prepare to break your diet over the most delectable fried chicken that ever graced a plate. Also prepare to wait in line for a table.

Parenthetically, I've only been going there for 10+ years so I'm a comparative newbie. It's St. Louis institution for the South City crowd and some downtown City workers. It's that kind of place. And, as always while in season, the Cards game was on. Heaven.

No comments:

Hello there