Thursday, March 6, 2008

Countdown to chemo

I'm wearing a favorite silk nightgown, spa robe and TWO hand-knit fuzzy scarves and a fuzzy hat a friend sent me, I've got my feet up, a scented candle lit, and I'm watching cooking shows on TV. THIS is the way to prepare for chemo, I'm telling you. In the picture I'm also wearing a crown my darling daughter put on top of all this.

Parenthetically, I'm also negotiating with a woman online to make me a sock monkey hat with ear flaps and pom poms. A girl's gotta laugh, too. It IS the best medicine.

Wish me good luck and no barfing!

2 comments:

Stewart Family said...

I wish I were snuggled up with you, sipping on some tea, enjoying the scented candle, enjoying your smile and laugh! I'll be praying for you tonight, tomorrow and the days that follow!

curriefam4 said...

Good luck my sweet friend! You know I am praying and sending too many hugs and kisses for you to handle! Please tell Fred that I am "on call" if Livi needs an outing. (Honestly, anytime of day or night...we're here.)

Love you, K

Hello there