Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I broke down and bought another one

Well, okay, I bought another wig.

Let me just say, it's really sort of stressful not looking like yourself. Wearing wigs that are darker than my hair, thicker, styled differently, whatever, is very strange. What is even more strange is that I am totally more comfortable going around bald or in a bandanna than I am in a wig. Weird, no?

I went to the grocery today after the gym (YES! I went to WATER AEROBICS today!!). I wore just a bandanna on my head and was totally comfortable. Even comfortable with the stares I got. But wearing a wig? I sort of worry that I look "wiggy." I guess I'm just really super comfortable in my own skin, not so much in synthetic "skin."

Anyway, I am resolved that I'm going to wear some of these wigs though. It'll be fun. I'll just have to actually wear some war paint makeup to compensate for the fancy hair. (It's sort of like I'm going to have to learn to "own" the new look, you know?)

Oh, and the new wig? Super short like my own hair, just blonder. I took scissors to the front of the wig to make the bangs look all spiky and funky like my organic ones and-- voila -- a wig I want to wear. And no, I was NOT about to pay a hair stylist $50 or whatever to style it. It's a wig for gawd's sake!

1 comment:

curriefam4 said...

Okay, so where's the pic? Tell Livi, "hi!" K

Hello there