Sunday, March 9, 2008

Great day in the morning OR: Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated

Well, as my great, great aunt once said to me (in a heavy Georgia drawl) "Good morning, good morning! Are you well enough to sit up and take nourishment?"

And I believe I am.

The sun is shining, I'm drinking coffee and I slept well. How 'bout that? I think I might survive the TREATMENT for this awful disease! heh. Not much doubt in my mind about beating cancer's a$$ (refer to title of blog), but the treatment is a whole different matter. That stuff can kill ya!

Oh, and here's a weird little side effect. Has anyone heard of "chemo brain?" Well, it's if you google it, it explains how chemotherapy sort of scrambles your brains for a while. And it has. The ODDEST side effect is that I have to really work to type out words correctly. This post, is taking me twice as long as usual, because I have to make so many corrections. Either the spelling of words I can actually spell comes out all wrong or I start typing words I didn't mean to type. VERY surreal.

That and it's not terribly easy to read books in bed, which is my obsession. Thank goodness for iTunes and downloadable books. I've been listening to Julia Sweeney's book about Chinese adoption for a couple of days and it's hilarious. I must say though, iPod ear buds STILL suck.

I've downloaded 3:10 to Yuma and will be eyeballing more soon.

I told you-- technological entertainment is the key to undergoing cancer treatment!

Oh, and, needless, to say, el Freddo was right at my side throughout the seriously traumatic first treatment, holding my hand (getting his bones crunched in the process, I suspect), feeding me chocolate, fetching me water, walking me to the potty (my but I was a glamorous site, I'm sure, all pale, bedraggled, and trailing wires and electronic drip thingies. Yuck.

AND my adorable M2, my dear, beloved BC mentor met me at the infusion center, introduced me around and brought that wonderful, lifesaving chocolate as well as big warm hugs. I can't think when I've been happier to see anyone's sweet face! M2-- I just love you!!

So. It's a new day today. You probably won't find me on a treadmill today, but I wouldn't put water aerobics out of the picture for, say, Wednesday.... :-)

No comments:

Hello there